Most frequent questions and answers
Worldwide Evangelism has three levels of ministerial credentials:
- Ordained Minister – in order to be ordained by Worldwide Evangelism, an applicant must have a proven ministry and have demonstrated clear evidence of God’s ordination and calling on his life. The applicant must also be active in ministry. An Ordained Minister has all of the rights and privileges attending his calling in accordance with the laws of the state of the minister’s residence.
- Licensed Minister – this status is granted to allow an applicant to prove his God-ordained ministry prior to ordination. A Licensed Minister has all of the rights and privileges attending his calling in accordance with the laws of the state of the minister’s residence.
- Lay Minister – this status is granted to an applicant who is active in a supportive role in the ministry. Examples of Lay Ministers are: youth leaders, lay counselors, lay chaplains, and personal evangelists. Lay Ministers are not considered “ordained” for purposes of the Internal Revenue Code.
2. Application fee of $75
3A. FOR ORDINATION RECOGNITION: Provide WE your Ordination Certificate upon the authority of a church. New applications desiring a status of “Ordained” will only be considered if prior Ordination upon the authority of a local church has been granted. If no prior ordination, the level of “license” shall be considered.
3B. FOR LICENSED or LAY MINISTER RECOGNITION: Provide WE a letter on church letterhead from the church under which you currently serve, stating your role and responsibilities.
4. Each applicant must be referred by a current WE member in good standing with WE. As you fill out the application, list the name of your referral. The WE office will then contact them for the referral.
5. Upon fulfilling the above requirements, the applicant will have an interview by a WE Presbyter. Following the interview, the Presbyter will make a recommendation to WE of the applicant’s approval and level of accreditation.
6. Annual membership is January through December. To complete the application process, at time you are approved for WE membership, the annual membership fee will be due. This will be pro-rated quarterly from the date of your application. Annual membership Ordained/Licensed Recognition: $200 person/$300 couple, and Lay Minister Recognition: $100. The second year of your membership, beginning in January for the calendar year, the full membership will be due.
To become an ordained minister with WE: Any change in level of ministerial service can only be made with a written recommendation, blessing, and authorization of a local church of like faith and purpose to WE.
- You must be a WE member in good standing for no less than one year.
- You must have the blessings of your local church with a WE representative present. This service may take place in a local church of like faith and purpose to WE.
- You must submit a request for ordination and go through an interview with members of the presbytry.
Yes, WE is an Association of Churches exempt from Federal Tax as described in section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
No, your ministry will need to obtain its own exemption status.
Yes, there is a non-refundable $75.00 application fee for membership. Annual membership dues are $200.00 for licensed or ordained minister ($300 for married couples-members) and $100.00 for a lay minister. First year dues, upon membership approval, will be pro-rated quarterly from the date of your application